The Educational Philosophy of Ecclesia College is based on the belief that:
The Bible is God’s inspired and authoritative Word, revealing that Jesus Christ is God’s Son;
• that man is created in God’s image;
• that He created us to have eternal life in Him through His Son, Jesus, “Christ in you the hope of glory,” to “separate the holy from the profane,” “extract the precious from the worthless,” discern the spiritual, which is of God, by God, and for God, from the carnal, which is of self, by self, and for self, and to convert our thought, time, talent, treasure, and trust to God’s eternal riches over temporal values;
• that although all men have sinned and come short of God’s glory, God has made salvation possible through the death on the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ;
• that hope, repentance, faith, love, and obedience are fitting responses to God’s initiative of grace toward us;
• that God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth;
• that the Holy Spirit’s power is demonstrated in and through us for the accomplishing of Christ’s Great Commandment to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself” with His Great Commission to “go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature” and “make disciples of all nations;”
• that Christ’s Church is God’s authorized model and agency for the advancement of His Kingdom. (Luke 10:27; Colossians 1:27; Jeremiah 15:19; Mark 16:15 KJV; Matthew 28:19 NIV.)
In accord with the above preamble of which we are convinced, it rightly and necessarily follows that:
The educational philosophy of EC is based on the belief that the Bible is God’s inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word. In accord with this, EC pursues biblical methods and practices in educating and equipping men and women for their chosen fields of service and for the wise conversion of their thought, time, talent, treasure, and trust into eternal riches to enjoy with God forever rather than passing, temporal values.
All truth is God’s truth and biblically based and should, therefore, be integrated with the principle approach to education from the biblical perspective. Such basic principles include:
1. God desires all mankind to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2. God intends mankind to know Him and His ways with His creation.
3. God speaks His truth in love through His living Word.
4. God calls all mankind to believe in Himself through His Son by His Spirit.
5. God calls all believers to their highest good by building virtue on their faith and knowledge of the truth on their virtue (2 Pet. 1:5-7).
God values and blesses EC’s five-point educational approach for learning, growing, and equipping:
1. Mentoring Program – Christ-centered mentoring for life and learning according to the student’s giftings and callings (2 Tim. 2:2).
2. Academically challenging faith and character-based classroom (2 Pet. 1:5-7).
3. Work-Study Internship Program with hands-on in-service related to the student’s chosen field of service and/or further study.
4. Community Service Program with practical application and outcomes.
5. Christian Outreach Program in response to God’s loving heart for others.
EC’s regular Assembly Program serves to communicate this educational approach, which addresses the three deepest heart questions of the student:
1. Leading students on their search for the “why” of each truth will inspire a growing knowledge, wisdom and understanding. This will deepen their enthusiasm and resolve of heart for excellence, integrity, and order to live their lives now in the light of eternity.
2. Leading students on their search for the “what” of each truth will clarify their frame of reference to know the highest good with the right objectives.
3. Leading students on their search for the “how to” will strengthen their confidence in God’s ways as always best.
Educational Philosophy of Ecclesia College
Copyright © January 8, 2013 by Ecclesia College