Our degree in Political Science prepares students for employment in politics, public administration, and public policy – careers that can allow you to influence the course of history. You will build a foundation of knowledge in American politics while learning how to integrate your Christian faith into the public arena from faculty currently practicing in the profession. Access to David Barton’s library of more than 100,000 original documents from the Founding Era distinguishes Ecclesia’s program from others. You will examine, analyze, and debate relevant issues in current affairs and policy-making through the lens of a biblical worldview. Complete your degree by applying your newly-developed understanding and skills with an internship in local or state government to gain hands-on exposure to policy-making and cultural development.The political science program is offered through our traditional on campus program and online.
The Bachelor of Arts in Political Science program is intended to help the student integrate Christian principles into his/her personal and professional life, serve in a position of leadership in public service, understand scriptural leadership principles and be capable of applying those in public leadership positions.
Ecclesia College prepares and enables students to achieve competence in seven broad areas: Biblical Worldview and Faith, Critical and Creative Thinking, Effective Communication, Integrity, Leadership, Lifelong Learning, Service and Stewardship. In addition to the institution-wide outcomes, this degree encourages students to achieve the following educational objectives:
- Discuss the biblical foundations for government.
- Trace the development of biblical principles of government through history.
- Define what it means to be a Christian involved in politics today.
- Analyze current events/issues from a biblical worldview.
- Explain the impact of biblical principles of government and history in the political arena.
- Discuss how a Christian should respond to cultural or political events and issues